AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE ASSOCIATION
NEW ORLEANS AFFILIATE 2017 FISHING RODEO RULES
- Deadline for registration is 8:00 a.m. June 11, 2017. Each participant must fill out an entry form and agree to the liability waiver. The entry fee is $35.00 per person before May 20, 2017. An entry received after May 20, 2017 shall be $45.00. There is no foul weather date and once officially registered, all entry fees are non-refundable.
- The Tournament Rules Committee shall reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- Each official registrant will receive a packet with their rodeo t-shirt and ticket stub.
- You can pick up the packets at Academy Sports & Outdoors on Clearview and Jefferson Hwy. on June 7th from 6-8 pm.
WHERE TO FISH
- Launch at any facility; no territorial limitations (fish anywhere). There is no morning check in. The fishing rodeo begins at sunrise. Please follow U.S. Coast Guard and Louisiana Fishing Regulations.
FISH WEIGH IN
- Scales are located at HOPEDALE MARINA. Fish will be weighted only when the weighmaster is present. If the weighmaster is running late please be patient, even the weighmaster likes to fish. Scales open at 12:00 p.m. and close at 2:00 p.m. sharp. NO EXCEPTIONS! Times mentioned in these rules are subject to the weighmaster’s watch and his watch only. Ticket stub is needed to weigh fish and all Louisiana fishing regulations will apply. All fish are subject to the scrutiny and inspection of the rodeo committee, the weighmaster, and the marine fisheries officials.
- Lunch will be served from 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., “ALL YOU CAN EAT.” Your ticket stub is needed to enter the lunch line. Please move through the line quickly and be courteous to your fellow rodeo participants.
- Only registered participants are eligible for rodeo division awards. In the event two or more fish weigh the exact same weight, the fish entered first will be declared the winner. President’s award will be awarded to the most outstanding catch of the rodeo as decided by the ASA President. All awards will be given out after the scales close and the scoreboard is updated. (Approximately 2:10 p.m.)
- All registered participants will be entered in the drawing for door prizes. You must be present to win a door prize. Your ticket stub must be presented to claim the prize.
- Any tournament participant consents and authorizes the Committee, and their advertising/public relations agencies to use and reproduce names, voices and/or photographs, whether taken or recorded and circulate the same for any and all purposes of publicity and advertising of all kinds and descriptions in any and all media formats.
- The committee shall determine the solution to questions or situations and its judgment SHALL BE FINAL! Also, many of you are aware of what the Committee does year round for all to enjoy the rodeo. After the festivities, the Committee and those willing to help are ready to go home and relax. A little extra help would make it easier on everyone. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in helping to keep the rodeo area clean. If possible, please assist the Committee with take down, clean up, and the loading of equipment. Thanks to all and let’s have a great time.